Kids are playful and naïve. They love to explore new things, and are always attracted to trouble. If you are thinking of investing in a playground, you need to ensure that it is safe and secure for kids. Let’s face it: we are not playing Squid Game. Kids should enjoy their playtime, but the space should be safe for them otherwise parents will never send them back to your playground.
Here’s a quick article that discusses the playground safety checklist. What makes a playground safe? You will find that out in this quick post.
- Equipment stability – Is the playground equipment sturdy and reliable? It should be able to hold the child’s weight and not break all of a sudden. The equipment should not be loosely fitted. Barriers and handrails are a necessity. Good manufacturers understand this requirement and they create equipment keeping a child’s safety in mind. They will test the product before selling it.
- A safe surface – The playground should not have a very hard surface. Kids are prone to fall. Once they fall, be ready for a lot of drama. The surface should be able to absorb the impact. It should be safe to walk or run on. There should be no tree or branches in case you are choosing a grass or sand surface.
- Is it age-appropriate? – There are many people who build a playground that has different designated spots for a variety of age groups. Keep one space for 4–7-year-olds and the other for 7+ years of age. You can put signages on the playground. Older kids might be too aggressive and they have a tendency to bully younger kids. Make sure older kids play separately.
- Good swings for kids – You wouldn’t want to invest in playground sets that are made of poor-quality material. Metal or wood is a big no. Bucket-style swings are good for younger kids.
- Entrapment is a serious issue – If you are adding equipment with ropes and nets, you have to ensure that the kid can come out of it easily. Once they get trapped into it and nobody is there in the playground, the situation will be nerve-wrecking.
Since you are thinking of building a playground for kids, consider checking the Inspire Play commercial playgrounds catalogue. The playgrounds are designed for kids of all age groups.
You will be pleased to see the options. Moreover, all the equipment is safe, sturdy, and stable. Do check out the options!