Essential parts to face the adversities of the trail has and roads are the clothes for cycling. They have technologies and functions that help to cope with different situations. That is, cycling clothing should be viewed as part of the equipment.
- RAINCOAT JACKET: Waterproof and serves to pedal on rainy days. It must be sealed on the zipper to prevent water from entering. It heats the body because it is completely sealed but protects it from water.
- CUFFS AND LEGGINGS: They are removable parts used on the arms and legs; they can be carried in your pocket if it is cold or very sunny – there are specific models for each climate. These cycling clothes are alternatives if you don’t want to make or buy a long sleeve jacket or shirt to ride. However, they do not heat up in the same way as these pieces for cold storage.
- SOCKS: The cycling socks are made of a material suitable for the sport and have a good fit, preventing dirt from entering your foot during the pedal. In addition, the socks for cycling also have resistant fabric, do not accumulate as much sweat, and hardly slip-on sneakers or sneakers. It is worth remembering that there are waterproof socks, an option to face long paths that require protection against rainwater, rivers, mud, etc.
- GLOVES: Gloves are also part of cycling clothing and should be worn even on the lightest walks in the city. In online stores, you will find many open and closed finger gloves with padding on the palm to give more comfort when holding the handlebars.
- GLASSES: The goggles integrate the cycling clothes in addition to a sporty look on top of the bike. They serve to protect your eyes from the wind, which brings dust, and even insects, and unexpected obstacles along the way, and can reach your face. Changeable lenses, with pairs for intense sun, night, and clear day are also safety features, which improve vision in each situation.
- BALLET SHOES: The sneakers serve as a garment to ride with more performance. In addition to being made of resistant materials and with a system for use with a foot pedal, the sneakers take advantage of the energy use of the legs. Both on the ascent (pull) and the descent (kick), the force used is transferred to the wheel more efficiently.
Just like everyday clothing, there are specific cycling clothes for men and women. Each has different anatomy, which requires a specific design and format. Besides that, cycling clothes with antibacterial fabric, UVA, and UVB protection are of superior quality and better protect your body.