Berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, along with bananas are probably the awesome, heavenly, and healthy fruits to make a smoothie. Among all, blueberries are my favorite. They are very simple to keep in the freezer. The blueberry smoothie tastes incredibly delicious, refreshing, and extremely fulfilling. Each sip makes me think about a long summer day, and I feel really great enjoying something that tastes incredibly awesome.
Blueberry smoothie is very healthy and delicious. This smoothie is thick, rich, and worth trying. It additionally provides your body with protein and healthy fats. Moreover, you can easily make ready this smoothie whenever you want or you can also make it ahead. But remember to keep it in the drinks fridge UK when made ahead to maintain its freshness and taste.
Ingredients to Make Ready Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
- Frozen Blueberries: This is the main ingredient you should have.
- Frozen Banana: Banana is a great ingredient as it gives natural sweetness as well as thickness to the smoothie.
- Greek Yogurt: It is rich in protein and provides your blueberry smoothie the boost it requires to be highly fulfilling.
- Rolled Oats: Oats actually make the smoothie body and make it highly satisfying.
- Almond Butter: It makes the blueberry smoothie more nourishing as well as flavorful.
- Vanilla & Cinnamon. These ingredients will make your blueberry smoothie to taste like a blueberry pie and you will definitely enjoy it.
- Almond Milk. I’m adding almond milk in this recipe, however, you can add any milk that’s easily available to you. Milk incredibly adjusts the consistency of the smoothie.
- To make a vegan blueberry smoothie, try to utilize milk and yogurt from a non-dairy source.
- You can make ready this blueberry smoothie without yogurt as well, however, you might need to swap in some additional ice cubes to increase its thickness.
- Protein Powder: You can add a tablespoon of your preferred protein powder if you want to enjoy a protein-rich smoothie.
- Honey orMaple Syrup: If you have a sweet tooth and like sweetened smoothies, just add a few teaspoons of honey or maple syrup.
- Spinach: To make a healthier version of this blueberry smoothie, add a bunch of fresh spinach to the blender. A healthy blueberry banana spinach smoothie will be ready in a few seconds. Spinach will slightly change the color of the smoothie, however, the change in taste won’t be noticeable.
Instructions to Make Ready Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
- Add the blueberries, Greek yogurt, bananas, almond butter, oats, vanilla, almond milk, cinnamon, and protein powder (optional) in your blender.
- Then blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth. In case the smoothie appears to be excessively thick, add some almond milk gradually, until you get the ideal consistency.
- Add any sweetener as per your preferences.
- To serve this blueberry smoothie, make a blueberry smoothie bowl and add some frozen blueberries for extra thickness and ice cubes.
- Pour the smoothie into the bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings. You can top it with banana slices, fresh blueberries, granola, and so on. Now take a spoon and enjoy immediately.
Tips to Store Blueberry Smoothie:
- To store the blueberry smoothie for a day or two, cover it properly and put it into the fridge.
- For long-term storage, pour the blueberry smoothie into an airtight freezer-safe jar and freeze it for as long as 90 days. Before drinking, allow the smoothie to defrost overnight in the fridge.
- If you want to make ready your blueberry smoothie ahead of time, then pour it into an ice cube tray and put it into the freezer. When you want to enjoy the smoothie, just add some smoothie cubes into a blender and blend well until a creamy smoothie is ready.