Anime Expo 2013: FUNimation Industry Panel
FUNimation has certainly been busy during the past 4 days. With a few panels already under their belt, the company capped off Anime Expo with their official industry panel.
Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Management Justin Rojas and Social Media Manager Michelle Lee, along with Marketing Manager Adam Sheehan, were back for another go around at hosting a FUNimation panel. And while they did rehash a few announcements from previous panels, they still provided some new and exciting anime news.
One of the jewel announcements of FUNimation’s panel was the news that Dragon Ball Z would receive a “Rock the Dragon” edition. For $98.89, this special collector’s edition will allow fans to own the original 53 episodes of the FUNimation-dubbed version, which aired from 1996-98, on DVD. It also includes an artbook and a hardbound case.
Dragon Ball Z: Rock The Dragon Edition will be available starting on Aug. 13.
Also announced was news that fans can finally own Production I.G’s 2011 hit Guilty Crown. Not only will it be sold as a Blu-ray and DVD combo, the set will also include two artbooks. Expect to own the series on Aug. 27.
Other announcements included:
- Eureka Seven AO is coming on Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 13.
- High School DxD is coming on Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 20.
- Case Closed is coming on DVD on July 23.
- Hetalia: Axis Powers is coming on DVD on July 9.
- Legend of the Legendary Heroes is coming on Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 9.
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise will receive a “Japan Collector S Edition” imported straight from Japan. Also Included in this subtitle-only Blu-ray and DVD combo will be an imported film strip. Only 2500 copies will go on sale on Aug. 20.